Why TRANSLEADERSHIP, INC®?
Dr. Karen Y. Wilson-Starks is the President and CEO of TRANSLEADERSHIP, INC.® She founded TRANSLEADERSHIP, INC.® because of her belief that leadership makes the difference between success and failure in organizations.
While serving as an active duty Army officer and Psychologist she observed that leadership made the difference between leaders that got the best commitment and contributions from their followers and those who lost talent or syphoned off energy and results through poor leadership practices. She further observed that most leaders want to be successful though they may not know how to make success happen.
Benefits to you in Working with Dr. Wilson-Starks
Dr. Karen’s Leadership Strategy for Heart-Centered Business Growth With Military Precision
- More than 25 years of experience working with senior leaders in Corporate, government, military, and non-profit organizations
- Understands the leadership dynamics impacting complex organizations and the best practices that make a difference across and within sectors
- Active duty Army Psychologist with assignments at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., the First Infantry Division at Fort Riley, Kansas, and the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York
- US government employee and Chief of the Psychology Service for the Exceptional Family Member Program in Frankfurt, Germany
- Senior Faculty Member for the Center for Creative Leadership since 1990 with significant responsibilities for designing and delivering custom solutions for senior and upper middle management leaders in all sectors
- Global clients including in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East
Education, Knowledge, and Continuous Learning
- Educated as a Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Wilson-Starks completed her Ph.D. and Master’s degrees at the University of Connecticut in Storrs and her undergraduate B.A. degree in Psychology from the University of Maryland in College Park.
- Member of the American Psychological Association (APA), the Society for the Advancement of Consulting (SAC), the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and the Christian Leadership Alliance (CLA)
- Served an elected term as Secretary and two terms as Chair of the Professional Visibility and Media Relations Committee of the Consulting Psychology Board of the American Psychological Association
- Takes a minimum of 30 continuing education credits in Leadership and consulting every year
Thought Leadership: Publications and Presentations
- “Consulting Competently in Multicultural Contexts” published in the June 2008 edition of the Consulting Psychology Journal.
- “Team Building Success” published in the April 2011 issue of Outcomes Magazine
- “It’s Time to Build High Performance Teams” published in the August 2011 edition of CO-OP magazine
- Numerous leadership presentations, workshops, and training programs to professional associations, companies, and organizations annually
Married to Gregory Starks a retired Army Officer and avid golfer, she enjoys international travel, Broadway theatre, vacations at the ocean, and reading and writing in her leisure time.
Our team of senior consultant partners is educated in the behavioral sciences and/or business fields with most holding doctoral level degrees. All have a minimum of 15 years of experience applying their skills in corporate, government, or other organizational contexts. Our team is diverse in terms of ethnicity, cultural background, and gender. Team members are assigned to projects based on the match of their skills and talents with the needs of our client organizations. All team members are committed to building on strengths and using adult learning strategies and principles. All travel both within and outside of the United States.